Highlights of the year:
- 3rd Challenge Half Melbourne - February 2014
2nd Busselton 70.3 - May 2014
2nd Philippines 70.3 - August 2014
2nd Korea 70.3 - October 2014
- Expanding race experiences within Asia. I've always loved travel and this sport has allowed me to travel to some amazing & unique environments and cultures within Asia Pacific.
- Developing my coaching profile within the sport of triathlon, health and fitness. I really enjoy coaching and helping others achieve personal goals. Its also given me personal inspiration and motivation in my own training and aspirations in the sport.
- My first group of Ironman athletes all raced exceptionally well in Busselton WA, achieving personal best performances.
- Expanding my horizons and participating in mountain bike and Xterra events.
- Ambassador for the 2014 Tour de Cure Ironman Melbourne Team.
Thank you to Grant Giles and the Aeromax crew for another great year. Its a privilege working with a coach whose philosophy and coaching style I believe in and continues to deliver so many highlights across the whole squad.
Thank you to my sponsors who make it possible for me to continue to train and compete as a Professional Triathlete: Specialized Australia, Scody, TriShave, Eyeline, Compressport, High 5 Sports Nutrition, SaltStick, Fuel Belt, Kinetic by Kurt, Ryders Eyewear, BlueSeventy/Aqua Shop, Scicon Bags, USANA, Asics. Also to the people here in Sydney - Kira Sutherland, Daryl Phillips, Mick Smith, Paul Penna & John Bell who have given me so much help throughout the year.
A very big thank you to Sarah Anne & Warren of Karmea Fitness for welcoming me into the Karmea Community. Coaching indoor cycling on Tuesday and Thursday evenings is one of the highlights of my week! :-)
I'd also like to thank Annie and all the team behind Cantoo for giving myself and Mick Smith the opportunity to coach the Sydney Sprint Triathlon Program 2015.
Finally thank you to all the people including friends and family who cheer me on at races. Your support means so much and is a huge source of motivation to give the best of myself. Nige, your on-going support and encouragement in everything I do is amazing. I'm just so incredibly lucky to share this journey with you.
Wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and all the very best for 2015!