- Its racing ‘Down Under’ with my mates!
- The fantastic atmosphere. The local community and regional business support towards triathlon, is always welcoming and friendly.
- Its a great destination race. The tourist attributes of Busselton and south west coast of WA. Its location also within close proximity of the Margaret River wine region.
- The spectator friendly nature of the multi-lap course. There's a great vibe and energy from the sidelines throughout the race. The gorilla playing drums on the run course a highlight!
- Various potential environmental conditions which can be thrown at you, keeping racing honest and a challenge. The unforgiving flat terrain with no hills or rollers to have a breather and common winds gusts are characteristic of this event.
Weather on race day: Air temp 9-20 degrees, water temp @16 degrees. Clear skies and light winds. Fast conditions which keeps the pressure on.
My transition was terrible to say the least. The girls had already shot off like a rocket, while I was still trying to put a sock on, pathetic! Moving on...
The depth, experience and talent of female professionals supporting the event was fantastic. Well done Katy on your podium 3rd place result.
- Ash Davis Event Manager, Triathlon WA, corporate sponsors and to all the volunteers for an amazing triathlon festival experience.
- Bec's 'A-Team' of sponsors :-) : Scody, Specialized, Eyeline, Compressport, TriShave, SaltStick, High 5, Kinetic by Kurt, Asics, AquaShop/BlueSeventy, FuelBelt, Team Latitude, Ryders Eyewear, Scicon Bags, M5 Management.
- And to everyone I work with on a regular basis regarding my training program - Coach Gilesy, Paul, my Sydney based practitioner team for massage, nutrition. ART/Chrio, friends, family and most of all Nige for all your encouragement and support.
Next Ironman Cairns. Looking forward to racing among the palm trees of tropical North Queensland!